This Avocado Citrus Green Smoothie Recipe is easy to make and delicious–and a great way to add some sunshine to your day! It’s also rich in nutrients, including the essential Omega-3 fats. Yes, greens do contain these healthy fats.
Dark leafy greens are important for helping us get enough essential omega-3 fatty acids in our diet, and they are easy to consume when blended with fruits. For Omega-3 extra boost, it’s easy to add a tablespoon of hemp, chia, or ground flaxseeds to your smoothie each day.
Avocado Citrus Green Smoothie Recipe (serves 1-2)
- 1 large orange, peeled or two small tangerines (seedless)
- 1 or 2 cups kale or spinach (or any variety of greens you have–collards, chard, arugula, parsley)
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- 1 cup coconut water, grapefruit juice or water, chilled
- 1/2 cup ice or frozen grapes
- 1/2 banana (optional, adds creaminess)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- For Omega 3-sboost, add a teaspoon of chia seeds, hemp or flax seeds (you may want to grind them first).
- For more sweetness, add 1/2 pear or 1/2 and apple or 1/2 cup grapes.
- For more tartness, add in some lemon juice.
- Want more greens? Simply add in more leafy greens + a splash more liquid.